- We are a volunteer support based organisation that translates complex service systems to a wide variety of people, promoting self-advocacy to access social support systems and building individual capability, particularly around digital literacy.
- We provide support to vulnerable groups as they transverse many government systems provide opportunities to build capabilities and we are the point of call when people don’t know where to start.
- We recognise a life cycle approach and that some people move in and out of states of vulnerability.
- We seek to build capacity and resilience for and in people to address their own challenges and needs as well as advocating effectively for services at a systemic and individual level.
- Socially isolated and vulnerable people, through their life experiences of institutional care, racism, sexual and gender identity or socio economic disadvantage who are experiencing emotional and mental anguish.
- Frail and ageing people and their families and carers needing counselling to access aged care services, respite care, social support and to maintain independence and control in their lives
- People with disability and older people seeking to live independently and exercise control and be in control of their lives
- Older job seekers experiencing age based discrimination in the labour market, needing retraining and counselling on job searching and maintaining wellbeing in times of stress
- New arrivals or long term unemployed people who reside in South Australia who are socially isolated and for whom volunteering is a pathway to employment.
- Our Future is full of possibilities as we work with and respond to the communities needs and aspirations
- Our Future has its genesis in our history of being a known, trusted and independent service
- Our Future will be enriched by creating and developing partnerships and collaborations with other like-minded organisations
- Our Future builds on our values and commitment to be recognised as offering inclusive services and helping those most vulnerable
- Our Future will be enhanced by being a responsive and flexible organisation constantly seeking to improve our services and finding innovative ways to deliver beneficial outcomes in the community for older people and people living with disability.
Download the Catalyst Foundation Brochure here