The Aged Care Legislation Amendment (New Commissioner Functions) Bill 2019 takes effect from 1 January 2020.
The following functions transition to the Commission:
- aged care compliance and enforcement actions
- compulsory reporting of assaults
- prudential compliance operations
- approving all residential and home care providers
- home care compliance and investigations.
These functions build on the Commission’s existing responsibilities for:
- complaints resolution
- the accreditation, assessment and monitoring of aged care services.