Migration Stories Experiences
Two community groups, Spanish and Vietnamese women, were involved in the production of a short film by sharing their migration and settlement stories and experiences. 16 women and 2 men participated in four workshops on how to use digital tablets and filming took place during the final session. Their stories are now available on our YouTube Channel.
- Provide opportunities for older CALD women
- Provide deeper understanding of cultures outside their own to diminish long standing prejudice and stereotyping of people
- To produce a video of Australian Migration & Settlement Stories of two cultures (Spanish and Vietnamese).
Impacts and Benefits:
- Creating a collective CALD voice through storytelling
- Encouragement to participants to become mentors in their communities
- Decrease social isolation
- To raise health and wellbeing issues as they arise through storytelling
- Empowerment through the use of digital literacy
- Fostering strong links
- Fostering respect and trust between cultures.