Catalyst Foundation provides a wide range of services to members of the community, including:
- Information and advice on accessing help at home, aids and equipment, respite or emergency services and post hospital supports
- Information on a wide range of affordable housing options
- Monthly information seminars
- An affordable Legal Services Clinic
- Social connection opportunities including lending library and internet lounge
- Community and group presentations
- Brochures and factsheets
- JP Services by appointment
- Tax Help
- One on one IT training
- Information on income support options including Centrelink payments
- Volunteer and work experience opportunities
- Specific information and services for people who are members of the following communities:
– Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
– Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual ,Transgender and Intersex
– Culturally and Linguistically Diverse.
Disability support activities
- Catalyst Foundation maintains an information directory which lists services and resources which specifically support people who are living with disability and their family and carers.
- Our staff can assist you to understand and access the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- We provide information and support to people who are considering transition from Disability services to Aged care services
- We provide information and support to older people who are caring for a person living with disability
- Catalyst Foundation hosts the annual Disability, Ageing and Lifestyle Expo, which is Adelaide’s largest Disability and Ageing event attracting 4000 people and upwards of 160 exhibitors each year
- We participate in the International Day of People with Disabilities celebrations; and
- We are able to organise AUSLAN interpreters for our internal programs as required.
- Are wheelchair accessible
- Have Disability Parking available right out front
- Are fitted with a Hearing Loop.
Looking for a Guest Speaker?
If you are a member or know of a community group wanting information about specific topics of relevance to people living with disability, please call us on (08) 8168 8776. We are happy to come to you.
Special Disability Trust
Nour Harb at TindallGaskBentley Lawyers has put up a very informative blog about Special Disability Trust to help families plan for and secure the financial future of their loved ones who suffer with a disability. For more information about this, please click here.
1800RESPECT is the national sexual assault, domestic and family violence counselling service. They have compiled a Disability Support Toolkit which has resources for front line workers supporting people with disability who have been impacted by violence and abuse. For more information about the toolkit, please click here.