Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
Catalyst Foundation is working closely with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to extend our knowledge and support to ensure all South Australians have the best access to care and support to live their life to the fullest.
Services we offer
- Information and advice on how to access help at home and transition from hospital to home
- Housing options information on retirement villages, low cost rental, residential parks, supported residential facilities
- Legal Services Clinic
- Social connection opportunities including lending library and internet lounge
- Community and group presentations
- Brochures and factsheets
- JP Service by appointment
- Tax Help
- In-house seminars including Accessing Help at Home, Financial Planning for retirement, Estate Planning and Technology training.
These services are confidential
Reconciliation Action Plan
The Reconciliation Action Plan program is a framework for organisations to realise their vision for reconciliation. Through the program, organisations develop a Reconciliation Action Plan—a business plan that documents what an organisation commits to do to contribute to reconciliation in Australia. A Reconciliation Action Plan will enable Catalyst Foundation to commit to implementing and measuring practical actions that build respectful relationships and create opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Aboriginal Services Directory
Catalyst Foundation in partnership Turkindi Inc. (The Indigenous Information Network of SA) is building a comprehensive Aboriginal Services Directory with Aboriginal Organisations, Aboriginal Businesses (owned or part owned) and non-Aboriginal Organisations and businesses providing specific services to Aboriginal people. The Aboriginal Services Directory will benefit the entire SA community and beyond who are looking for Aboriginal specific organisations and services.
Out and About
If you are or know of a community group needing information about specific topics of relevance to Elders, please call us at (08) 8168 8776.
Catalyst Foundation can provide on-site training on various topics including Accessing Help at Home, Retirement Housing, Aged Care Costs, Estate Planning, Internet Security and more.